Monday, May 19, 2014

Writers Block, and A Little About Me

I have writers block! I have wanted to write a blog so many times, but every time I go to write I just don't know what to write about. So maybe I will just answer some questions that you might have about me and my blog.

Q: Who are you?

A: Well, I am Elizabeth Rivers. I am a wife of an art student, expecting first time mother, and small business owner. I am passionate about being creative, coming up with new ideas, and I love to sew! I probably have more ideas in my head than time in my life span. That is my problem most of the time. I have so many ideas that I just don't know which one to do, or what direction to go.

Q: Why do you want to blog?

A: I want to connect with people. I want to reach out to my customers, find people who share the same interests as me. I just simply like the idea of blogging.

Q: What are you going to blog about?

A: A little bit of everything. Things that inspire me, things I am doing in my life, cooking, fashion, DIY, gardening, vintage, sewing. Ya just a little bit of everything!


Q: What is your background?

A: I grew up in a home with a super duper creative mother! She can do it all I swear. She sews beautifully and before I was born ran a business selling handmade things at markets and fairs. I feel like she is my biggest influence. As a child I always played pretend like most children, but my pretend life was making painted rocks and handmade notebooks to "sell" to my "customers". I guess you would just say I am an entrepreneur at heart. I always knew that but didn't know the big word that went with it. In college I decided I wanted to study business, but after sitting through a boring CIT class and the perspective idea of taking accounting I decided that I needed something a little more interesting. I changed my major to Home and Family Studies which results in becoming a Home Economics Teacher. While enrolled in my first sewing class I fell in love!!!! I had grown up around my mother sewing but had never had the patience to learn. Long story short I graduated with a bachelors degree emphasizing in Apparel Design and Construction from Brigham Young University- Idaho. I still feel like I have so much to learn, and still hope to learn about business and entrepreneurship, but in a more hands on environment. By running my own business! In 2012 I opened MaymeRae Boutique on etsy and started selling my handmade items at a locals farmers market. It is a lot of work, but I seriously LOVE it! I don't feel like I am working, just having a ton of fun. (ok it does feel like work sometimes)

Q: What are your future goals?

A: Hmm... do you sometimes wonder if what you want is even possible?  I want to be a great mother to my children, a wonderful wife to my husband, and I want to run a successful business. I also want to help other women become successful entrepreneurs.  I haven't really figured out how I will do all of this but, I will find a way.

These are the questions I can think of. Do you have any more for me? Ask away! I actually really like answering questions so don't be shy. Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned.








No comments:

Post a Comment